This Card supports AFP/IPDS printing from an IBM iSeries or IBM zSeries computer over TCP/IP to LAN printers.
– AFP/IPDS printing
– Print either host-based or client-based output on your network-attached Lexmark laser printer. With a Lexmark Card for IPDS option, use your MFP or printer for both network printing and for IBM iSeries (AS/400) or IBM zSeries computer jobs.Print bar codes, forms, publications and graphics closer to your end users, giving you the associated cost and time savings from true distributed printing. So now direct your AFP/IPDS output using the TCP/IP protocol.
– Colour printing
– Supports Function Set 45 (FS 45) for full colour printing. Color Management Object Content Architecture (CMOCA) resource support for colour printing.
– Maximise productivity
– Locate your printer wherever you need it to maximise its productivity. With Lexmark’s SmartSwitch auto-emulation sensing built into every Lexmark laser printer, your printer will automatically switch to the proper document language, whether it is IPDS, PostScript or PCL™. Configure IPDS configuration settings using the MarkNet™ print server’s resident web server, a browser and the printer’s IP address.
– Notable Features
– Host Resource Resolution is sensed (Auto) to enable support for 240, 300 and 600 dpi. Supports 2-dimensional bar codes such as PDF 417, DataMatrix, Maxicode and Quick Response(QR). Supports 1-dimensional bar codes such as Code 128, US Postal bar codes including PLANET and Intelligent Mail Container, Royal Mail bar codes including Red Tag and other retail and postal bar codes.
– Font Capture to Reduce Network Traffic
– Using Print Services Facility (PSF), capture fonts (including Chinese, Korean and Japanese), either TrueType, bitmaps or outlines, to hard disk or to flash memory resulting in reduced network traffic.
– Only one of these cards may be used at any time: Forms and Bar Code, Card for IPDS or Card for PRESCRIBE. These cards are installed in the same single connector.