Compute Securely with GIGABYTE’s TPM 2.0 Solution
These days security is at the forefront of everyone’s mind. With cybercriminals around the world actively trying to steal your financial and personal information, you need to do everything you can to protect yourself.
While many users protect themselves with anti-virus programs and other software measures, the reality is if you want complete peace of mind you’ll need to take things a step further and use a hardware-based security solution. This is especially critical for employees such as accountants or insurance agents where they handle the personal information of many individuals.
Thankfully there is a solution to help keep your precious data secure: a Trusted Platform Module (TPM).
Adding another layer of security
The TPM is a discrete cryptographic processor attached to a daughterboard that plugs into the motherboard. The TPM securely stores your cryptographic key which can be created with encryption software such as Windows BitLocker. Without this key, the contents of the user’s PC will remain encrypted and safe from unauthorized access. This means that when using a TPM, the data on our PC will be safe not only from external software threats but also from physical theft.
The GIGABYTE TPM GC-TPM 2.0 features the SLB9665, an advanced 2048-bit cryptographic processor by Infineon®. The SLB9665 by Infineon processor meets all the latest industry standards including TPM 2.0 as well as Common Criteria (EAL4+).
This processor creates a military-grade encryption key that allows the user to encrypt your hard drive with Windows BitLocker, and also verify your identity online for tasks like online banking.
• Provides an additional layer of security for your PC.
• Creates & stores a military-grade encryption key so you can encrypt your drives with software such as Windows BitLocker.
• TPM helps protect your PC from both external software threats & physical theft.
• Utilises Infineon SLB9665 2048-bit cryptographic processor.
• Meets the latest industry standards for TPM 2.0 & Common Criteria (EAL4+).
• Compatible with Intel X299-series & Z370-series motherboards with a TPM 2.0 slot.
• Compatible with AMD X399-series & select AM4 series motherboards with a TPM 2.0 slot.
• Controller: SLB9665TT-2.0 FW5.61
• Interface: TPM header key, LPC bus
The GC-TPM2.0_S is compatible with GIGABYTE motherboards that include a TPM header below:
Z390 series, H370 series, B360 series, H310 (2.0) series, X299-series, Z370-series
C246 series including C246-WU4, C246M-WU4, C246N-WU2
C621 series including C621-SD8, C621-SU8, C621-WD12, C621-WD12-IPMI
B550 series, A520 series TRX40-series, X399-series, X570 series, X470 series, B450 series, X370 series, B350 series
* supported status may vary depending on motherboard specifications
* Support for Windows 7 64-bits, Windows 8.1 32/64-bits, Windows 10 64-bit