Due to its design USB cable has a normal maximum length of about 5 meters (16.4 feet) but you can get longer distances by using the CA−UAM/UAF active USB extension cable from Kramer!
This is a bus−powered extension cable that can be used to increase the length of a device without any signal loss or potential performance problems. It contains active electronics which boost the USB signal for maximum reliability and performance over extended distances. The cable operates as self−powered extender for use with USB cameras‚ printers‚ webcams‚ keyboard/mouse etc.
• True Plug–and–Play — No additional drivers needed.
• USB 2.0 High Speed (480Mbps) Standard.
• Construction — 1 pair 24AWG + 2 pair 22AWG + drain wire 24AWG tinned copper braid.
• No External Power — Pulls power from source.
• Data Transfer Only — Not for charging.
• Buffers Incoming & Outgoing Signal.
• Compliant with USB 2.0.
• CM–c(ETL) Rated.
• Varied Selection of Lengths — Available in versions of 15 to 65ft (4.6 to 19.5m).
|USB Type||USB Extension|