Biamp Community D8 Ceiling Speaker
• Superb intelligibility with reduced distortion uniform voicing.
• Easy installation with Drop-Stop™ and Twist-Assist™ features.
• Carbon Ring Cone Technology and Tru-Phase™ waveguide.
The D8 has a more focused dispersion higher sensitivity output and greater LF extension than the smaller models. The high performance D8 is a true coaxial loudspeaker with a real compression driver concentrically arranged so that the upper frequencies emerge through the center of the low-frequency driver’s magnetic structure and cone via a precisely tapered Tru-Phase™ high-frequency waveguide. This special construction provides consistent wide dispersion up to 16 kHz all but eliminating high-frequency narrowing. Further pattern improvement is achieved by precisely mounting the low frequency driver (and its concentric HF driver) centered in the baffle as contrasted to the offset designs used by others.
The D SERIES offers powerful magnetic structures and efficient coils to ensure high output which results in more headroom per power amplifier. Each D SERIES ceiling model includes everything needed for standard installations and has a built-in autoformer allowing it to be used in 8-ohm or 70V/100V applications. The D SERIES ceiling loudspeakers are ETL listed and all models have been tested by ETL to comply with UL1480 UL2043 and CSA60065.
• Transducers: LF – 1 x 8” HF – 1 x 1.25” exit compression driver.
• Operating Range: 60 Hz – 22 kHz.
• Sensitivity (1W/1m): 95 dB.
• Power Handling: 150W continuous @ 8 ohms.
• Continuous Max Output: 117 dB (123 dB Peak).
• 70V/100V Autoformer: 120W 60W 30W 15W (@70V only).
• Nominal Beamwidth (H x V): 115? Conical.
• Finish: Corrosion-resistant zinc plated steel can white paintable ABS baffle matched dual-layer powder-coated steel grille.
• Dimensions (H x Dia): 8.2 x 13.2 (207 x 336 mm).