The Atlona AT-HD-SC-500 is a scaler with built-in 3◊1 switcher for HDMI and VGA signals. It features two HDMI inputs and a VGA input with a 3.5mm audio connector. It features automatic display control using CEC IP and RS-232 plus auto input selection.
The scaler is designed to take video signals from switchers PCs or laptops and scale them to an HDMI output at a wide-range of HDTV and PC resolutions up to 1080p/60Hz and WUXGA (1920◊1200).
The AT-HD-SC-500 can be the central component of a small automated AV system. Automatic display control turns on the display automatically whenever a source is connected. When the source is removed the display is turned off. Volume is controlled by using the front panel buttons. Automatic input selection on the AT-HD-SC-500 works by sensing the presence of any video signal. With automatic input selection manual control systems can be eliminated. Input selection can also be controlled from the front panel RS-232 or TCP/IP commands.
Automatic Display Control
Offering first-of-its-kind display capabilities the AT-HD-SC-500 allows display control using CEC TCP/IP or RS-232 signals. This means that many more types of displays can be controlled costs are reduced and that wiring is simplified. In a commercial setting when a switcher is integrated with a display the AT-HD-SC-500 forces the display to power on automatically when a laptop is connected. At the end of the presentation when the presenter disconnects the laptop the AT-HD-SC-500 forces the display to power off. Ease of presenter interaction with the system and the savings incurred by auto-display shutdown provide a significant return on investment.
Automatic input selection on the AT-HD-SC-500 detects an active video signal rather than looking for the 5-volt hot plug signal. This means that devices such as DVRs DisplayPort adaptors and other devices that keep the 5-volt hot no longer trigger the automatic input selection. This gives far more reliable performance with these products.
Configuration maintenance and updates are performed using Atlona’s WebGUI AMS IP management system or OSD. Set-up options include HDCP status variable preferred input resolutions output resolution plus control of brightness contrast saturation hue and sharpness. The AT-HD-SC-500 is ideal for applications where multiple signals with different resolutions must be optimized for a display.
Compact scaling switcher
The AT-HD-SC-500 combines a scaler with multiple inputs and automatic input selection capabilities for use in a small system with HDMI and VGA sources along with audio features that include analog de-embedding volume control and equalization.
The AT-HD-SC-500 also supports the Atlona Management System (AMS) a powerful network software platform that integrates product configuration management and updating. Specially designed for IP-controllable Atlona Products the Atlona Management System reduces installation time and enables remote monitoring and support. To learn more please visit AT-SW-AMS.
The AT-HD-SC-500 is ideal for:
Complete System Applications
The three-input scaler accommodates one or two HDMI sources plus a VGA source for classrooms huddle rooms and small conference rooms. The front panel control buttons can be used for control of inputs or show me functions. The compact form factor enables under-surface mounting at a desk table or lectern. Audio de-embedding on the scaler provides professional balanced connections to a small amplifier and speakers for better audio.
Expanding System Capabilities
The scaler can also be used as an input device on a switcher that doesn’t have a VGA input such as the AT-UHD-SW-52ED. The device also works well as an output scaler for the AT-UHD-CLSO-824 matrix switcher.
3◊1 HDMI and VGA scaler
• Features two HDMI inputs plus a VGA input with 3.5mm audio connector
• Allows advanced HDMI display devices to be used with legacy VGA sources
Scaler with HDMI output and input resolution control
• Scales output video signals up to 1080p/60Hz and1920◊1200; Choose preferred scaler input resolution from 800◊600 to 1920◊1200
• Assures compatibility of VGA and HDMI sources with the display
Scaler with HDMI output
• Scales output video signals up to 1080p/60Hz and 1920◊1200; Choose preferred scaler input resolution from 800◊600 to 1920◊1200
• Assures compatibility of VGA and HDMI sources with the display
Automatic display control using CEC TCP/IP or RS-232 commands
• Automatically changes projector power state based on active or standby mode of scaler. Control signals transmitted via CEC IP or RS-232.
• Eliminates need for complex control system in AV systems. Enables display and volume control. CEC enables control of low-cost consumer displays.
Automatic input selection using video detection technology
• Selects active input when sources are connected or if there is a change in source power status
• Eliminates need for complex control system in AV systems
Two HDMI inputs
• Digital inputs to support up to two HDMI sources or DisplayPort and DVI sources with appropriate adapters
• Ideal for a variety of digital sources including laptops PCs and cameras
One analog input on 15-pin HD connector
• Accepts RGBHV signals using common adaptors and break out cables
• Provides input options for legacy analog sources
TCP/IP and RS-232 contro
• Flexible control options for compatibility with third-party control systems. RS-232 controlled from HDBaseT™ connection
• Reduces integration time and costs
Front panel input select button
• Overrides automatic input selection when two active sources are present
• Simple manual control allows presenter to maintain control of the image on screen
Front panel display on/off control
• Remotely controls display power state; provides alternate ‘Display Mute’ mode
• Eliminates need for manual operation of display or use of IR remote control
Front panel volume control
• Adjusts level of both embedded and de-embedded audio; provides ‘Mute’ mode
• Simplifies audio level settings for best sound
• De-embeds PCM audio from HDMI inputs to audio output
• Provides audio signal routing to sound system
Balanced audio output
• Professional +4dBu audio is provided on a 5-pin captive screw connector
• Allows for fast integration with professional sound systems
Works with AMS
• This IP-controllable product can be remotely managed by the Atlona Management System software
• Integrates product configuration management and updates to reduce installation time and enable remote support
• User guide power supply detachable power cable captive screw connectors and mounting brackets
|HDMI ports quantity||3|
|VGA (D-Sub) ports quantity||1|
|Maximum resolution||1920 x 1200|