This useful device allows you to extend the distance between your USB Peripherals and your computer by up to 50m using inexpensive CAT5 or higher cable. Dimensions (each unit): 100 x 70 x 23mm (WxDxH).
It comprises a local unit which must connected directly (not via a hub) to a USB port on your computer and a remote unit with a built-in bus-powered USB 1.1 hub for connecting up to 4 peripherals. CAT5 or higher network patch cable (not included) is required to connect the two units together.
Please note: Standard CAT5 5e or 6 network cable can be used with this product but is not included and must be purchased separately. We supply suitable CAT5e and 6 cable in different lengths and colours.
Connecting additional USB hubs
Further USB hubs can also be connected but the maximum cable distance is reduced by 10m for each hub. An optional power supply has to be connected to the hub for self-powered operation as soon as the connected devices require more than 250mA of current from the USB bus.
• Extends USB peripherals up to 50m via CAT5 or higher cable
• USB 1.1 compatible (USB 2.0 devices can also be connected but with 12Mbps support only)
• Local unit connects directly to your computer remote unit has a built-in 4 port USB hub to connect peripherals
• Plug & play compatible with all major USB enabled operating systems
• Optional power supply available for use with devices that require more than 250mA of current from the USB bus
• Local unit: Type A USB Male (with 35cm cable) RJ-45 Female
• Remote unit: 4 x Type A USB Female RJ-45 Female DC jack socket (2.5/5.5mm diameter)
• 2 year warranty
|USB Type||USB Extension|